07 Feb Episode 21: Drummer Sarah Thawer – How to be a Social Influencer
Sarah Thawer is a self-taught drummer based in Toronto, Canada. She started playing drums at age 2 and her first stage performance was at age 5.
Sarah is currently freelancing, touring, recording and performing with international artists playing various genres including jazz, fusion, latin, gospel, funk, r&b, hip hop, Indian and world music.
She studied jazz and world music at York University and was the recipient of the Oscar Peterson Scholarship, the highest award given by the institution, in addition to graduating with the Summa Cum Laude distinction.
Sarah has shared the stage and played with many popular artists including AR Rahman, George Watsky, Robert Sput Searight, Jane Bunnett, Charlotte Day Wilson, Tyler Shaw, Ruth B, Osman Mir, Shweta Subram, Jeremy Ledbetter, Salim-Sulaiman, Benny Dayal, Thompson Egbo-Egbo, Roger and Sam Grandison to name a few.
Sarah endorses Vic Firth drum sticks, Evans drum heads, Yamaha drums, Zildjian cymbals, 64 Audio, Gruv Gear and Prologix Pads. Sarah is also the Brand Ambassador for the company Remitbee.
Key Questions answered by Sarah Thawer:
- How she convinced her parents to allow her to pursue music
- How she discovered his passion
- How she got signed by sponsors
- How Sarah challenges herself and goal setting
- What traits Sarah believes helped her achieve success
- Advice for other creatives on their journey
Sarah Thawer Discusses:
- How her creative journey started
- How Sarah became a social influencer
- How Sarah got “discovered”
- How her purpose makes her feel
- Being a freelance musician
- How to make opportunities for yourself
- How to disengage from jealousy and competition
- Being a woman in the music industry
- Her work ethic
Click here to subscribe via RSS feed (non-iTunes feed): https://funnybrowngirl.libsyn.com/rss
If you’re looking for a community of supportive creatives to elevate your journey to the next level, join me here: https://funnybrowngirl.com/subscribe
Learn more about Sarah Thawer: www.sarahthawer.com
Social Media Info
Connect on Instagram:
Sarah Thawer – @SarahTDrumGuru
FunnyBrownGirl – @funnybrowngirl
Connect on Facebook:
Sarah Thawer – https://www.facebook.com/SarahTDrumGuru1
FunnyBrownGirl – https://www.facebook.com/FunnyBrownGirl/
Connect on Twitter:
Sarah Thawer: twitter.com/sarahtdrumguru
Shereen Kassam: twitter.com/funnybrowngirl
Connect on YouTube:
Sarah Thawer: https://www.youtube.com/user/SarahTDrumGuru
Connect via Email
Shereen Kassam – firstname.lastname@example.org
A podcast spotlighting successful creative entrepreneurs of color who share real life strategies and inspiration!