Hi Creatives, This week we chat with Nelu Handa, a writer on A Little Late with Lily Singh. Nelu is a writer, actor, improvisor, and comedian. You’ve seen her on Netflix’s Workin’ Moms and The Van Baron Show. Nelu shares with us how she’s navigated her creative journey, leaving her 9-5 job to be a 24/7 Creative, and more! Show notes at CreativeBreakthroughPodcast.com
- Check out my new podcast RADIO REJECTS LIVE! We eat wings, talk movies, and just have fun! Follow us: facebook.com/radiorejectslive
- Thank you for all the positive feedback on my conversation with Ali Velshi!
- Africa – thank you for the love! We are trending in Kenya, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, and South Africa
Who is Nelu Handa?
Nelu Handa is an actor and writer whose work has been featured on Workin’ Moms, Baroness Von Sketch Show, and Jann. She’s the creator of Yas Kween now called Mirchi, Toronto’s longest running night of comedy featuring Women of Colour. Currently, she’s is a writer for A Little Late with Lilly Sing
She’s been featured in FLARE’s #HowIMadeIt list, Fashion Magazine’s Women Taking Over Comedy, and named one of the top 10 comedic minds in Toronto.
Nelu Handa Shares:
- How her creative journey started
- How she discovered comedy
- How she left her Corporate job
- How she got her first break
Nelu Handa Discusses:
- What is a writers package
- How to be a better actor
- Advice to aspiring and working actors
- Auditioning tips
- Three things to be successful
Nelu Handa’s Lighting Round:
- What’s the best piece of advice she’s received?
- Nelu’s definition of happiness?
- One thing she wish she knew before embarking on her journey?
- Who inspires Nelu?
- What’s a habit that’s helped Nelu on her creative journey?
- What do you want your legacy to be?
Key takeaways from my conversation with Nelu Handa
- Be kind and build relationships with everyone
- Don’t be too hard on yourself
- What’s for you won’t pass you by
- Take care of yourself
- Use your voice
Find Nelu Handa online:
Who is Shereen Kassam?
I’m Shereen Kassam, the host of Creative Breakthrough and internationally touring speaker and comedian. If you are looking for a speaker to talk on topics including creativity, branding, or work life balance, get in touch! I am also open to being guest on your podcast, TV show, or other medium.
Email: hi @ funnybrowngirl.com